Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Colin Meloy Sings Live!
..................is the first live album released by Portland musician Colin Meloy, frontman for the Decemberists. The album was released in April 2008, and is a collection of live recordings from various nights on the artist's solo tour in early 2006.

It includes stripped down versions of songs by the Decemberists, a song that dates back to Meloy's college band Tarkio ("Devil's Elbow"), live banter and covers of The Smiths, Fleetwood Mac, and Shirley Collins.

Amazing song...enjoy it !!

Here on these cliffs of Dover
so high you can't see over
and while your head is spinning
hold tight it's just beginning
you come from parents' want
ona childhood rough and rotten
I come from wealth and beauty
untouched by work or duty
and oh, my love, my love.
and oh, my love, my love.
We both go down together.

No comments: